copy and tar performance?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Dec 28 11:46:38 UTC 2006

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Kevin Kempter wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the info.  How do I enable DMA on a SATA drive?
>
> Is your drive /dev/hda or /dev/sda? This could depend
> upon settings in your BIOS.
>
> Try running hdparm on /dev/hda or /dev/sda and post
> the result.
>
> Mogens

Just a note for when the next Fedora release is out, IDE hard drives
will be referred to as /dev/sdx instead of /dev/hdx devices. If you use
devices instead of LABEL= to refer to your drives, get ready for editing.

Jim

--
... Where was Stac Electronics when Microsoft invented Doublespace?
Where were Xerox and Apple when Microsoft invented the GUI?  Where was