FC6 Notebook

Wade Hampton wadehamptoniv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 00:56:46 UTC 2006

For now, I would stay away from an X86_64 notebook as from my experience,
they run VERY hot.

I have had very good luck with Toshiba and IBM laptops and Linux.  My
earlier Dell laptops had issues unless you ran the i8k utilities to control
the fan (fan was SW controlled, not by the BIOS).  Some examples:  Toshiba
T320?, T8000 (multiple), IBM 755, IBM A31p, Dell Inspiration 8100, Gateway
MX6421 (I believe these are the models).  The only internal modems I have
had working were on the earlier IBM and the T8000.

Good luck, YMMV.
--
Wade Hampton