donated computers lab setup

Alan alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Fri Dec 29 13:19:51 UTC 2006

> Good Will Industries used to slap FC3 on theirs, in Roanoke VA. Great
> people to do so. They'd sell an entire outfit for $100. I doubt FC5 or
> FC6 would install though. Happy New Year to you, too. Ric

A small FC6 install will drop fine onto a 128MB box although for a small
box its quicker to set up an image on a larger box, make sure it has the
right i586 etc kernel/glibc installed and then rsync it using an external
disk caddy

A base system with X, xfce, sylpheed, abiword should be quite acceptable,
just avoid all the heavy gnome/kde stuff.

Alan