Optoma EP 750 Projector on Fedora Core 6

lists-fedora at afolkey2.net lists-fedora at afolkey2.net
Fri Dec 29 16:45:59 UTC 2006

Hello, Everyone
I am attempting to get an Optoma EP 750 projector operating with Fedora
Core 6.
The video card that I am using is the following: GeForce4 MX 440

lspci -v says the following about this card:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 MX
440] (rev a3) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
        Memory at e4000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
        Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=512K]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at d8080000 [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [44] AGP version 2.0

I do not want to do anything fancy with this intended setup.  All that I
want to do is use Lyricue (http://lds.sourceforge.net/) to display Bible
verses and Praise & Worship songs on our Optoma EP 750 projector.  To
clarify, this is how we have it set up right now under Windows XP: Using
Creative Lifestyles Presentation Manager program, I select songs or Bible
verses on the 15" LCD monitor that I am sitting in front of right now.
Then, whatever I select in Presentation Manager is diaplayed, at the same
time, by the projector, on the screen at the front of the Sanctuary.  This
is how it currently works on Windows XP.

I have Fedora Core 6 dual booting with Windows XP.  So the only difference
between what we have Been doing and what I Want to do is that I Want to do
this with Fedora Core 6.  Same PC, same projector, same video card.

I assume that this won't be too difficult to achieve, since the Projector
does display the Fedora Core 6 boot up messages on the screen.  The
problem comes when Xorg starts up.  If I type "Ctrl | Alt | F1" the
Projector displays the FC6 (Console) login prompt.  It even shows me
logging in and ssh'ing into my home computer.  As an experiment, I updated
Lame from CVS.  Displayed perfectly on the Projector.  Experiments I tried
with editing files with vi and emacs displayed perfectly on the the
Projector.  The only problem appears to be when the X server is running.

I am not a newbie with MOST Linux related subjects.  But I am a total
newbie on this :)  So all help that you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Have a Great Day/Night,
Steven P. Ulrick