MS office Under Linux

Patrick flymooney at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 22:21:09 UTC 2006

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> On 28/12/06, Patrick <flymooney at gmail.com> wrote:
>>    I never found the grammar-checking in MS Office to work particularly
>> great. Nothing seems to replace the good old Harbrace (see Mom...I did
>> learn something in school).

> Patrick, not all of us are native English speakers. Theose grammer
> checkers are especially important for us who might be able to express
> ourselves in English, but need to present a professional appearance.
>
> Dotan Cohen

   Exactly my point. If you want to present a professional appearance,
do not rely on the grammar-checking in MS Office to get you there.
Nothing replaces checking with a Harbrace (or a native speaker) when you
need to make sure that what you are sending is grammatically correct. A
good idea is to contract with a local college student who speaks both
languages to check your most important emails. The low-priority ones do
not have to be perfect. But if you are trying to project a professional
appearance, nothing beats having the language in your email (or letters)
verified by a native speaker.

Patrick