[Fedora] Problems installing Fedora core 6

David Vanfleet vanfleet at cedarview.net
Sat Dec 30 05:45:16 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to get Fedora core 6 installed on my system and I'm having some problems. I got through the initial installation, got to the part where it tells me to remove the media and reboot the system to continue. When the system reboots it locks up at the time that X windows starts (or shortly after). I see the "X" curser for only a moment then it goes away and I get a blank screen and nothing else. I then booted up the system in "rescue" mode and manually started X Windows without any problems (running startx). I'm upgrading this system from Fedora Core 4, which has been running without problems for some time.

Any ideas what could be happening here? Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David