Download and install FC6

edwardspl at ita.org.mo edwardspl at ita.org.mo
Sun Dec 31 12:22:01 UTC 2006

Anne Wilson wrote:

>On Saturday 30 December 2006 02:19, edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
>

>>Anne Wilson wrote:

>>>Edward, you will need to quote the actual error message so that someone
>>>can work out where your problem lies.
>>>
>>>It may also be useful if you told us where you got your disk(s), and if
>>>you burned them yourself, what method you used and what checks you made.
>>>
>>>Anne
>>>

>>Hello Anne,
>>
>>1, Send you the error message ( attachment ).
>>2, I got the CD Disk(s) iso files under the URL:
>>http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/iso/
>>
>>Edward.
>>

>Edward, this needs more expertise than I have, so I'm quoting your attachment
>to the list.
><quote>
>anacdump.txt
>  Traceback (most recent call first):
>  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iw/netconfig_dialog.py", line 69, in _netdevChanged
>    if netdev.get("ipaddr"):
>self.xml.get_widget("ipv4AddressEntry").set_text(netdev.get("ipaddr"))
>AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_text'
>
>Local variables in innermost frame:
>val: eth0
>netdev: DEVICE=eth0
>BOOTPROTO=static
>BROADCAST=192.168.0.255
>HWADDR=00:17:31:7E:F8:34
>IPADDR=192.168.0.1
>IPV6ADDR=
>IPV6PREFIX=
>NETMASK=255.255.255.0
>NETWORK=192.168.0.0
>ONBOOT=yes
>
>self: <netconfig_dialog.NetworkConfigurator instance at 0xb7b69dec>
>bootproto: static
>combo: <gtk.ComboBox object (GtkComboBox) at 0xb7a20f2c>
>active: <GtkTreeIter at 0xacaa9c0>
>

>Anaconda instance, containing members:
>rootPath: /mnt/sysimage
>rescue_mount: True
>intf: InstallInterface instance, containing members:
>  intf.icw: InstallControlWindow instance, containing members:
>    intf.icw.handle: 2991
>    intf.icw.mainxml: <glade.XML object (PyGladeXML) at 0xb7c0425c>
>    intf.icw.reloadRcQueued: 0
>    intf.icw.curr
></quote>
>
>I'm sure someone will jump in with some useful hints.
>
>What do you mean by 'full install'?  Do you mean clean install rather than
>upgrade, or do you mean that you elected to install every available package?
>I ask that because I have seen some comments about incompatibilities if you
>select everything, but it may not be relevant here.  Sorry I've nothing
>useful to add at this point.
>
>Anne

Hello Anne,

I just tried to do the following test :
1, Install all packages ( everyting ) and config network setting in GUI
mode, result is fail.
2, Install all packages ( everyting ) and config network setting in Text
mode, result is ok.

Then I tried to install FC5 with the server machine also, but it can't
to support with S-ATA drive...so fail !

Edward.