Display the root window - solved

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Sun Dec 31 15:12:43 UTC 2006

Around 09:39pm on Friday, December 29, 2006 (UK time), Rob Brown-Bayliss scrawled:

> On 12/30/06, Steve Searle <steve at stevesearle.com> wrote:
> >Does anyone know how I can expose the X Window System root window under
> >Gnome on FC6?
>
> I assume you are running nautilus file manager?  There is an option
> for nautilus to display the desktop or not, but I think it can only be
> set from the Gconf editor:
>
> Applications -> System Tools -> Coniguration Editor
>
> Then expand:
>
> apps -> nautilus -> preferences
>
> and scroll down to show desktop in uncheck it.

Rob thanks for this.  For the record, as well as the change you sugested
I also had to uncheck Desktop -> Gnome -> Background -> Picture_options.

Cheers

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 15:10:58 up 134 days, 17:37,  1 user,  load average: 0.05, 0.03, 0.00