cups-pdf && SELinux problem running

Samuel Díaz García samueldg at arcoscom.com
Wed Feb 1 13:08:17 UTC 2006

Yes, cups-pdf is a "virtual printer" thar prints the ouput into pdf
files. That pdf files are saved by cups-pdf into user's home directory.

As you said fine, I need to allow cups to write into that directories
(including /root) or into a $HOME/cups-pdf-docs directory to disallow
cups all control over $HOME directory.

If I remember well, cups is launched as root user (where a test I had
done some days ago because were a "cups-pdf" prerrequisite - don't
remember now).

How can I solve the issue with home directories?

If anybody knows how to, I would like to solve the problem in this form:
    1) Allowing cups writing into home directories or especific
subdirectory into $HOME.
    2) Enablilng SELinux as restrictive I can (is my laptop and I want
to learn a more about SELinux and apps issues.

Thanks

--
    Samuel Díaz García
     Director Gerente