configuration interface for embedded device..

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 14:06:18 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 01:45, Gregory Machin wrote:

> I'v been asked to write a configureation interface for a linux router
> that will run on embeded technology.
> The interface has to be able to configure all the underlying os
> functionality. I have managed to get the project to include php and
> apache,  cause I know php. My problem is figuring how to structure the
> configuration information. So fare I I'm ending up with 100's of
> config files or acouple of config's with arrays of arrays of arrays
> ...... both could end up messy and make for source managabiltiy
> problems. I would like to create a single engen that handles this, so
> adding new funtionality to the interface is easier down the road ....
> Any input would be grate ..

Wouldn't webmin be a better starting point for this?  If
you want to see a completely web-interface-managed
system, look at SME server at www.contribs.org, but
it might be overkill for what you want.  The difference
is that webmin tries to work with stock config files
where SME completely rewrites them from templates
on every change.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com