Red Hat Commits To MIT's $100 Laptop

Rickey Moore wayward4now at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 04:20:47 UTC 2006

--- Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> > Perhaps the MIT web site is out of date, but it lists the specs
> as
> >
> > 500 MHz processor
> > 128 MB dram
> > 500 MB of flash
> >
> > Looks like the specs for a PDA.
> ----
> I wonder if Red Hat could license from the Rolling Stones...Crank
> It Up!
>
> sort of a Windows parody...

My guess is that dram and flash just got one helluva lot cheaper with
the pricefixing charges leveled against the mfg! <cackles> how about
a scene of the savannas; lions & tigers and musk-ox, and "BORN TO BE
WILD" zooms around the room in 5.1 splendor. "The Gods Must Be Crazy"
cast all wildly cranking their $100 laptops. Barefooted Steve Jobs is
dying because he didn't think of it first. Pssst! No one tell him!!
Jeeeez. Ric

   ...the Sin of Ignorance, and
   ...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256