needed help on MINICOM

Hi ,
Iam try to use minicom as simple com-port, it is connected to embedded
system board via RS 232 cable.

in minicom ->serial port setup i have set as

ttyS3,
baud rate 57600 8n1 which in acordance with embedded system.

When my embedded systme boots up , there should  be some messages
displayed on my com port , but unfortunately its not happening.

i have verified the same setup in windows using hyperterminal it is
working fine.

do i need to do any thing more in the setup.

Thanks in Advance.

Below i have pasted the minicom screen .

Welcome to minicom 2.00.0

Compiled on Mar  7 2005, 10:29:09.

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

 CTRL-A Z for help | 57600 8N1 | NOR | Minicom 2.00.0 | VT102 |
Offline

Gowri