Wireless DWL-G510 driver on fedora4

Luciano Costa ltcnikit at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 17:34:43 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I tried to install and configure the driver for DWL-G510 d-link on fedora 4.
Fisrtly, I installed following rpm packages:

madwifi-kmdl-2.6.14*
madwifi-0.9.6.0-18*

reboot

and when I restarted the machine, it search the wireless driver and shows
the message:

Error for wireless request "Set mode" (8B06)
SET failed on device ath0; Invalid argument

When I see the configuration in the system setup of network  manager, it's
shown this:

ath0(Atheros Communication, Inc..Unknown device 001a)

What should I do ?!?!
Have someone here that installed wireless driver for DWL-G510 (Atheros's
driver) on fedora  ?!?!

--
### Luciano Tavares da Costa ###
##       MSc. Eng. Químico