CD/CDR Operation

I have Fedora 4, Thunderbird, and Firefox working pretty well, except for the CDs. if I try to mount a music CD on the CD reader, or a blank CD on the CDR drive, I get the message:

"Could not determine filesystem type, and none was specified."

Gtoast goes through the motions of working, but fails. (I didn't write down the message, but it sent me places that were no help.)

A little guidance will be appreciated.

Andy Pickens
San Antonio, TX