Text processing

Oliver Andrich oliver.andrich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 16:00:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

if I get you right, you want to get all lines where in col5 is filled
with yes? Why not just grep for such lines? As your data is not complete
or so, the result of

grep -E "Yes$"

shoudl be a good start. It results in

1         000    001        Yes
4         Yes                 Yes
6         000    001        Yes

And this can be further stripped to get only the numbers. But this won't
filter Lines where a Yes occurs in column 2 or so as the last entry in
the line. But this is a problem of the input data.

Best regards,
Oliver

Oliver Andrich --- oliver.andrich at gmail.com --- http://roughbook.de/