FC4 - Cannot Install Fedora

Hoffmann oasf2004 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 4 06:46:29 UTC 2006

--- gary <garys at mtaonline.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 20:28 -0800, Hoffmann wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Amazingly, now I am getting a 'stupid' error
> during
> > the installation of Fedora 4. When I try to
> install
> > in, I get:
> >
> > "An error has occurred -  no valid device were
> found
> > on which to creat new file systems. Please check
> your
> > hardware for the cause of this problem".
> >
> > This is the most 'stupid' message I ever read. I
> just
> > installed a new HD, and Windows is working just
> fine,
> > etc.
> >
> > I have a Windows partition = 60 GB, and about 180
> GB
> > of free space! What am I missing now?
> >
>  Try typing " linux expert " at the beginning of the
> install.
> That might get you closer to Disk Druid.
>

> --

Hello:

I took a look in my BIOS. I noticed that if I use
PATA, I can use my CDROM (and consequently try to
install Fedora from CDs, but I am getting the error:

 "An error has occurred -  no valid device were found
on which to creat new file systems. Please check your
hardware for the cause of this problem".

If I use SATA or BOTH, the CD driver seems to be
"gone".

How can I make the CD driver works with SATA, in order
to try to install Fedora with SATA?

Thanks!
Hoffmann