Strange things at start-up

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sat Feb 4 10:24:05 UTC 2006

after recent upgrades (I mean latest of yesterday), at start-up before
the login screen, system freezes and I get an arrow on a grey screen. If
I hit Ctrl+Alt+Backspace, system starts fine and any user can log in the
usual screen, but I can see for a short time the no-graphical login
screen with small characters.
Furthermore while at boot I have normal characters (I do not any
graphiccal interface at boot) when I stop the machine characters have
become small
Everything was o.k. until this morning when I re-booted the machine
(no-reboot yesterday after upgrades)

--
 Antonio
Mail by Thunderbird 1.5 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.5