Dovecot with SELinux

Patrick Nelson pnelson at neatech.com
Sat Feb 4 20:29:28 UTC 2006

I have a need (testing) to set up a POP3 server.  I kind of need a quick
solution so I picked dovecot.  It installed fine with the requirement of
mysql.

I used the default dovecot.conf and service dovecot start <- OK

Then I added a user with  adduser testuser and passwd testuser

Then I tried to log in with  telnet localhost 110, USER testuser <-OK ,
and PASS xxxxx <-OK

However I get a error in maillog about permission problems with
/home/testuser.

Search the archives and found some mention of this being associated to
SELinux.  I did google and find that selinux-policy-strict-sources would
give the ability to use dovecot with SELinux.

Has anyone found this to be true?  Or has there been some other way of
getting it working without dumping SELinux?