Re: rpmdb crashed, how to repair? [FC3]

From: "Sam Varshavchik" <mrsam courier-mta com>

>> How do i create a new rpmdb with current installed packages?
>> Or am i doomed? :)

>An hdd error means - kiss your data good bye.

>Salvage whatever data files you need, take the hard drive and throw it in
>the trash.

Thats not the answer on  my question :) i have many boxes with....

The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon:

Device: /dev/hda, 3 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors

.....such messages and they still running fine after 2+ years (and have a
lot data reads/writes)

So now the right answer please :)

Danny.