Beginning with phpPgAdmin

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Feb 5 04:27:58 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 02:54 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> On 2/5/06, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > > Yes, Craig, my computer is directly connected to the Internet, but I
> > > am running a firewall (Shorewall).
> > >
> > ----
> > Well then if http (port 80) is open to the world per shorewall
> > rules...then so is phppgadmin and if shorewall has http (port 80)
> > blocked, then it is not available to the world.
>
> How can I check that out?
----
1 - look at shorewall rules...

2 - see which ports are open and which are closed

3 - find out your ip address '# ifconfig' and go to someone else's house
and try to access it from their computer - http://your_ip_address

4 - get root shell prompt and type...

iptables -L -n > /tmp/firewall-rules.txt

and upload that file here and we will tell you.

Craig