Cannot create executable file

Nguyen Danh Hieu ndh.21march at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 08:44:03 UTC 2006

Hello.
I installed FC4 on my machine and he works normally for a month without any
problems but recently everytime when I want to compile source some errors
always happen:

    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
    See `config.log' for more details

and config.log shows:

         configure:2572: $? = 0
         configure:2574: gcc -v </dev/null >&5
         Using built-in specs.
         Target: i386-redhat-linux
         Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/
         Thread model: posix
         gcc version 4.0.0 20050519 (Red Hat 4.0.0-8)
         configure:2577: $? = 0
         configure:2579: gcc -V </dev/null >&5
         gcc: '-V' option must have argument
         configure:2582: $? = 1
         configure:2605: checking for C compiler default output file name
         configure:2608: gcc     conftest.c  >&5
         collect2: cannot find 'ld'
         configure:2611: $? = 1
         configure: failed program was:
         | /* confdefs.h.  */
I always compile programs under root so I  don't understand why cannot
create executables. Please help me out the problems.
Thanks

--
Nguyen Danh Hieu

Physics Faculty