dhcpd.leases permissions

Oliver Sampson olsam at quickaudio.com
Mon Feb 6 12:36:53 UTC 2006

Howdy,
I'm trying to set up a DCHP server, and everything seems to work except
for the startup via the init.d/dhcpd file.

When I start dhcpd manually from the command line, everything works
dandily, but when I use 'init.d/dhcpd start or restart' I get the
following error:

Can't open lease database /var/lib/dhcp/dhcpd.leases: Permission denied
Feb  6 13:27:09 friday dhcpd:   check for failed database rewrite
attempt!

How is it that one works and the other doesn't?  I've checked that my
permisssions for /var/lib/dhcp are set correctly (755)

drwxr-xr-x   2 root   root    4096 Feb  6 13:31 dhcp

and for the dhcpd.leases file (644).

-rw-r--r--  1 root root 466 Feb  6 13:31 dhcpd.leases

I even changed the permissions to be 777, and that still didn't work!

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Oliver Sampson               Support Indie Music!
olsam at quickaudio.com         http://cdbaby.com/group/MrSampson