Issuse installing either i386 or x86_64

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Mon Feb 6 13:53:48 UTC 2006

Alessandro Brezzi wrote:
> 2006/2/5, Chris racerx at makeworld.com <mailto:racerx at makeworld.com>:
>

>     Hmm - that seems a bit extreme. I have gone as far as to try installing
>     the boot loader on the same drive as the OS, but still no dice.
>
>     I mentioned that when the kernel panics it freezes and at that point,
>     both scroll lock and caps lock lights are flashing.
>     Only a hard boot brings me back. I mention this in hopes that someone
>     has experienced the same - maybe on a different PC.
>

> I had a similar problem in the past (FC1 .... long ago). It turned out
> to be a memory problem. have you done a memory stress test with
> memtest86 ? (the 32bit version is fine)
> XP is not a valid test for the matter.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Alessandro Brezzi

Understood - however, This being a new pc (not even a month old) and I
have run FreeBSD 6 on it without issues. Be that as it may - I doubt
that is the issue.

However, I am willing to remove that as a *possibility*. I still aim on
either FC4 or CentOS, and the project for the day (untill  I manage to
find a Linux solution) I am going to install NetBSD on the secondary
SATA drive just for shits and giggles.

--
Best regards,
Chris

Never create a problem for which you do not have
the answer.