X dri problem with kernel 1830

larry s lws49028 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 16:28:15 UTC 2006

Thanks.  Worked partially.  Now ATI 9250 console X
works, but I can't XDMCP from Xming/XLaunch from
another box.  I get the login screen, enter user/pw,
then just blue screen for 3.5 minutes, then login
screen again.

/var/log/messages has gdm(pam_unix) session opened,
then 3:30 later- gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: Fatal X
error - Restarting - followed by gdm(pam_unix) session
closed.

Xorg.0.log has "AUDIT: <date> X: client 6 rejected
from local host"  have seen a few variations of this
message including IP of XDMCP host.

Any ideas???????

-

Also having similar probs on TNT2 based machine since
updates.  FC4 seems to be out of control lately....