Re: Corrupted rpmdb recovery

jludwig wrote:

I gave this advice for recovery before and may well work for you.
What I suggested; --->First read the man and info pages for these commands so you <---
--->understand what is being done (if you already don't ).<----

I *do* understand what it's being done.

You can force updates and installs
->rpm -Uvh --force --nodeps filename.rpm

I don't think you've read my question too carefully. I have the list of the previuosly installed rpms (/var/log/rpmpkgs), I know what should I do with it, but I don't have the rpm files in themselves and mirroring 8+ repos locally is not very appealing. Please read my question again. Any help would be most welcome.

--
Ovidiu Lixandru
linux360