Sewing machine (was Wireless network sharing)

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Feb 7 00:12:27 UTC 2006

John Summerfied wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>
>> sowing room. (Software to program the sowing machine.) This
>

> Oh dear, I don't know whether English has defeated you or you're
> referring to seeds.
>
> Either way, it sounds like an interesting tale: perhaps a clarification
> and a small elaboration?
>
> What's the sewing|sowing machine, how are the machines coupled, what's
> the computer make the other machine do?

Oops - I never said I can spell! Basicly what she has is a box that
connects to a serial port and programs cards with embroidery designs
in .pes format. (Babylock format.) I could probably cook up
something to handle programming the cards, but the real drawback is
trying to preview the designs. As part of the Embird program that
she runs, there is a plugin for Windows Explorer that uses a
thumbnail of the design for the icon. Also, the programming software
will display the design in each "memory slot" of the card, so you
can select what design to work on, or where to put the design you
are adding to the card. There are both programmable cards, and
pre-programmed cards. (EEPROMs and PROMs, I think.)

Anyway, you can find free designs, as well as design connections
for sale. Looking at her collection, I would swear she has at least
a thousand designs. Her filing system is beyond me. (She has a bunch
that are filed by download date, that have to get filed yet!) Few of
them have descriptive names, so you need the thumbnail!

Mikkel