yum upgrade

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Feb 7 10:36:02 UTC 2006

James Thorpe wrote:

> dependency issues for me - I've not done anything other than install &
> update things through yum, so there shouldn't be anything nonstandard on
> my system.

It happens for two main reasons:

 - the repo you connected to via yum is not itself interally consistent,
eg, it has not fully sync'd to the redhat copy of the repo, or that repo
is not complete either.  Usually gets fixed in a few hours.

 - you added repos that conflict with other repos

However note in your case the problem is coming from desktop-printing
and gnome-volume-manager, not from dbus-glib.  Those other two packages
are denying the possibility to update dbus-glib by insisting on having
an old version of it.  This happens when updates for these cannot be found.

Is it possible you have an evil version of these packages?  What does

rpm -q desktop-printing gnome-volume-manager

say?  I get this

desktop-printing-0.18-10
gnome-volume-manager-1.3.1-1

-Andy