missing vim highlight

I have two FC4 boxes with identical /etc/vimrc .
Using vim, on boxA, if for example, I use the slash
to search for xxx, then all visible xxx are
highlighted.  On boxB, there is no highlight
except for the cursor.  I note that this is the
case when the boxes are used directly or accessed
via ssh using Putty from a win2k box. In the past,
boxB worked like boxA.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
Mike.

--
Michael D. Berger