Combine a 2.4 GHz pc with a 500 Mhz pc?

Is it possible to some how "cluster" my workstation, a 2.4GHz Celeron with 1GB of RAM, with a spare 500MHz machine?

I orignally aquired the machine to do some Fedora testing on, but it seems to me that I can't do that much useful testing on a lowly 500MHz as the speed would probably lead to misdiagnosis of potential bugs.

So can I do this? More importantly, how useful do you think this would be?

Thank you.