Re: Combine a 2.4 GHz pc with a 500 Mhz pc?

Billy Tallis <wtallis gmail com> writes:

> How responsive is the slowest one with an app like Firefox? I use a
> machine that is 200Mhz and 64MB and FF is very slow.  I do agree that
> Gnome isn't as slow as one would expect,

I'll bet!  Any chance of stealing more memory?  On a 266MHz PII
I installed a third 64M (for 192M tot) when going to FC3, because
128M was too slow.  I do find Gnome and KDE slow, so use XFCE or
icewm.

--
Donald Arseneau                          asnd triumf ca