faxmail problem

azeem ahmad azeem81 at msn.com
Wed Feb 8 20:54:03 UTC 2006

>From: Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>
>To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: faxmail problem
>Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 20:02:12 +0100
>
>Am Mi, den 08.02.2006 schrieb Alexander Dalloz um 19:53:
>
> > > http://www.ahinc.com/hylafax.html
>
> > I can't access the site actually, but Sendmail is Sendmail, so it
> > shouldn't really differ much. What is your specific problem?
> >
> > Alexander
>
>Ok, I now got the page from Google's cache.
>What you need to do is to is to edit your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and add
>the fax mailer near the bottom of that file as
>
>MAILER(fax)
>
>Yes, Fedora's Sendmail already ships with the fax.m4 macro in
>/usr/share/sendmail-cf/mailer/fax.m4 from package sendmail-cf. You may
>compare the content of that fax.m4 with the one on the web page. I would
>only change settings if you have problems you want and can fix by these
>macro changes. Finally run "make -C /etc/mail" too better see whether
>there are problems rebuilding the sendmail.cf. Then "service sendmail
>restart".
>
>Alexander

yes
it works, and i also have done it through hylafax web site's mentioned way,
but all that this do is
making such fashion
user at faxnumber.FAx
as i send mail to
must at 6755732.FAX
and it dilvers it to destination in a good manner

it is mentioned over here
http://www.hylafax.org/site2//howto/clients/faxmail-nonrandom-host.html

but i m unable to configure it as
faxnumber.FAX at faxserverhost
i have done all that is written over hylafax site which is as following
Extra line for the sendmail.cf in ruleset S0:
R$+.FAX<@$+> $1<@$2.FAX>

i added the above mentioned rule in Ruleset 0 parse 1 as i couldnt been able
to find ruleset S0 anywhere in sendmail.cf

but when i send fax to
6574933.FAX at zoni.com
it says