Re: faxmail problem

From: Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists uni-x org>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: faxmail problem
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 20:02:12 +0100

Am Mi, den 08.02.2006 schrieb Alexander Dalloz um 19:53:

> > http://www.ahinc.com/hylafax.html

> I can't access the site actually, but Sendmail is Sendmail, so it
> shouldn't really differ much. What is your specific problem?
>
> Alexander

Ok, I now got the page from Google's cache.
What you need to do is to is to edit your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and add
the fax mailer near the bottom of that file as

MAILER(fax)

Yes, Fedora's Sendmail already ships with the fax.m4 macro in
/usr/share/sendmail-cf/mailer/fax.m4 from package sendmail-cf. You may
compare the content of that fax.m4 with the one on the web page. I would
only change settings if you have problems you want and can fix by these
macro changes. Finally run "make -C /etc/mail" too better see whether
there are problems rebuilding the sendmail.cf. Then "service sendmail
restart".

Alexander

yes
it works, and i also have done it through hylafax web site's mentioned way, but all that this do is
making such fashion
user faxnumber FAx
as i send mail to
must 6755732 FAX
and it dilvers it to destination in a good manner

it is mentioned over here
http://www.hylafax.org/site2//howto/clients/faxmail-nonrandom-host.html

but i m unable to configure it as
faxnumber FAX faxserverhost
i have done all that is written over hylafax site which is as following
Extra line for the sendmail.cf in ruleset S0:
R$+.FAX<@$+> $1<@$2.FAX>

i added the above mentioned rule in Ruleset 0 parse 1 as i couldnt been able to find ruleset S0 anywhere in sendmail.cf

but when i send fax to
6574933 FAX zoni com
it says