Can't get X to work with ATI

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Feb 9 15:48:40 UTC 2006

James Wilkinson wrote:
> Espen Stefansen wrote:
>
>>I've tried the xorg-driver and ati's own driver, but with no luck. The hints
>>at fedorafaq.org doesn't help either.
>

> Have you tried the VESA driver? It might get you going until you can
> sort something else out (and, in particular, got your install updated).
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> James.

Jumping in late on this thread.  After weeks of frustration with and
ATI card on a new computer, I bit the bullet and purchased a nVidia
card and was up and running within 30 minutes of paying for it with
full acceleration.  :)

I lost money on the ATI card though but it was a learning experience.
  Made sure my new laptop had nVidia.