Suggestion please - Binary newsgroup posting software.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Feb 9 18:06:13 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have searched and checked the major repositories for this but I have
not had any luck.

I want a program to post multipart, rar'd and yenc encoded files to
the alt.binary.* groups.  I would prefer a graphical front end but I
have not really found anything that is current.

I did find newspost and I am going to give it a try.  It compiled last
night.

http://newspost.unixcab.org/

There is supposed to be a front end for Gnome and KDE but I could not
get them to compile last night.  Their support is so out of date that
they are looking for things in places that don't exist on FC4.

Yea I can use Pine or other manual techniques but these are a real
pain when uploading a 3gig multimedia file.

Thank you.