Slightly OT: Must Linux buy its way onto the desktop?

Toralf Lund toralf at procaptura.com
Thu Feb 9 22:38:23 UTC 2006

taharka wrote:

>Feb. 08, 2006
>
>As you may know, Google is close to making a deal with Dell in which the
>search giant will get to preinstall its software package on Dell PCs.
>What you may not know is that Google may be spending a billion dollars
>over three years for the privilege.
>
>Full story at; http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS2572482759.html

As I already mentioned elsewhere in this thread, I don't quite get the
point of this article. Dell already sell PCs with Linux preinstalled.
And so do HP (since they were also mentioned), and not only in Latin
America. And I've seen this with my own eyes. I mean Dells and HPs with
Linux preinstalled...

- Toralf