modifying another distro's rpm for FC4

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Fri Feb 10 13:12:05 UTC 2006

I seem to remember that there was an rpm command that could be run to take an
rpm not built for FC4 and rebuild it for FC4 installation - or something to
that effect. I read through the man rpm but didn't see anything that clicked.
I tried a couple of archive searches but nothing popped up. Am I missing the
obvious? What I have is an rpm built for PCLinuxOS which is a derivative of
Mandriva - I'm told that those rpm's can generally be used in FC4 as there is
a distant relationship in the distros.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA