Re: modifying another distro's rpm for FC4

Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 08:12:05AM -0500, Claude Jones wrote:

I seem to remember that there was an rpm command that could be run to take an rpm not built for FC4 and rebuild it for FC4 installation - or something to that effect. I read through the man rpm but didn't see anything that clicked. I tried a couple of archive searches but nothing popped up. Am I missing the obvious? What I have is an rpm built for PCLinuxOS which is a derivative of Mandriva - I'm told that those rpm's can generally be used in FC4 as there is a distant relationship in the distros.

When using rpmbuild --rebuild *.src.rpm with foreign SRPMs, you may
want to be aware of the macro differences.  See my post to rpm-list in a
thread about macro differences between distros:

and better than "rpmbuild --rebuild" is "rpm -i" after which you inspect the spec and config files for hazards. Then, "rpm -ba "

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa computerdatasafe com au  Z1aaaaaaa computerdatasafe com au

do not reply off-list