Desperate situation

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 10 23:57:36 UTC 2006

> I've never used CS - I've never been comfortable with the idea - but the black
> is connected to hda and the grey to hdb, so they are the correct connections.
> I always understood that jumpering overrode CS, but perhaps you are right,
> and it is now necessary to use CS.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion
>
> Anne

Anne, as a system builder (9 Years) and GID, I'd just like to mention
that our drives have ALWAYS been jumpered 'master' and 'slave'. Any time
we encounter problems it is because we try to use CS, or incorrect hard
drive positions on the cable.

I'm not saying that what the other poster was saying wasn't true, but it
is contrary to ANY experience I've ever had.

iow: I agree with your initial assumption. I do not believe CS to be a
great option. The few times we've gotten it to work, it seemed to take
much longer to decide anything in POST stage.

Mind you, I certainly should mention that for the last 14 month or so,
this has been a moot point as systems here are built using SATA now.

Regards,
Ed.