Request for Comment - OT

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Feb 11 00:54:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 00:37 +0000, Tony Dietrich wrote:
> So if this service is to gain the acceptance of the intended
> end-users, and perhaps more importantly, get the backing of those
> members of the Judiciary who would end up needing to use it, then we
> may be forced to take the project to a more restricted framework.
>
> This is far from my preference, and is not actually my idea, but
> knowing how stubborn and stuck-in-the-mud some members of this
> profession are, I can see where that argument is coming from :-(

Thou art lawyers, aren't thou?  Your profession is to argue a point and
convince someone of something...

So, the method of trust is going to be based on something that you have
no idea how it works (closed source), or something that can be checked
up on (open source)?

Yes, your client is guilty, but you'll just have to take our word on
that, because you won't understand how...

I read messages from the public lists.