Slightly OT: Must Linux buy its way onto the desktop?

Rickey Moore wayward4now at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 03:14:31 UTC 2006

--- Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Corporations *are* human beings, working in concert.

I'd say I agree, if you remove the comma.
Corporations *are* human beings working in concert.

as opposed to:

Corporations *are* human beings,
working in concert.

I had to eyeball that one, as the statement is true, except that a
corporation is not of itself, a human being, singular or plural.
Interestingly enough, there was a book entitled "The Dysfunctional
Organization" which said that any organization (a company,
corporation, church group, any kind of group) can be dysfunctional
and no matter if you change personal, hire/fire executives, shut the
plant and move elsewhere, no matter... the dysfunction would
continue, as if it was a single human being, in need of therapy. The
only way to cure it was not by being sold to another company, but by
being shut down completely and if possible, bulldoze the property.
<g>

   ...the Sin of Ignorance, and
   ...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256