Private Mirror/Repository

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Sat Feb 11 19:45:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:55:56 -0500
James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com> opined:
> >  	I've put together a script to handle mirroring repositories
> > locally.  http://www.stearns.org/yum-pull/ has the script and a howto
> > document on how to set it all up.
> >  	Best of luck!
> >  	Cheers,
> >  	- Bill
>
> Bill,
>
> I'm trying to use your yum-pull script and think I have it mostly set
> up. Trying to do FC4 right now. I will also add CentOS and Suse at some
> point.

I still think you are better off with the rsync approach. Correct me
if I am wrong but I believe that rsync provides much better
throughput than yum plus compression. Have you looked at
http://tqmcube.com/repo.php ?

BTW, extras is now using repoview (which I recommend). You can get a
look at it here: http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/

--
Our DNSRBL -
           Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com