Fedora core 4 in smp system

Title: Fedora core 4 in smp system

Hi:

I cannot install FC2 nor FC4 on my P III dual system. (Two cpu's)

I have installed RH 7, 8 and 9, and Mandrake in past years working fine in the same machine.

At present the pc has Mandriva 2006 working good, but I want to install FC4.

At install moment (stage 1), I get following messages (among others)

Bad EIP value

… kernel  panic…. Not Syncing

I have used  linux noprobe, pci=off and acpi=off getting same results.

What can I do?

Thanx.