[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: apcupsd lock file error



On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 16:51 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
> Hi,
>    Would anyone tell me what needs to be done to fix this lockfile
> 
> Sun Feb 12 16:19:04 EST 2006  Valid lock file for pid=2296, but not ours 
> pid=21621
> Sun Feb 12 16:19:04 EST 2006  apcupsd FATAL ERROR in apcdevice.c at line 77
> Unable to create UPS lock file.
> Sun Feb 12 16:19:04 EST 2006  Valid lock file for pid=2296, but not ours 
> pid=21621
> Sun Feb 12 16:19:04 EST 2006  apcupsd error shutdown completed
> Sun Feb 12 16:20:38 EST 2006  Valid lock file for pid=2296, but not ours 
> pid=21942
> Sun Feb 12 16:20:38 EST 2006  apcupsd FATAL ERROR in apcdevice.c at line 77
> Unable to create UPS lock file.
> Sun Feb 12 16:20:38 EST 2006  Valid lock file for pid=2296, but not ours 
> pid=21942
> Sun Feb 12 16:20:38 EST 2006  apcupsd error shutdown completed
> 
> I can't find "apcdevice.c" it's probably a binary and I'm hopeless at 
> binary.
> But 'ls /var/lock/subsys/apcupsd' exists.
> 
> 
>    Thanks   david
> 
david - i'll bet you have selinux turned on.  set it to non-enforcing
mode.  there's always been a problem with apcupsd and it's lock file
with selinux.

john
-- 
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]