gdm and second server?

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 19:58:29 UTC 2006

I am trying to run a second x server with gdm and have done the following.

I have enabled a second server in the server section by adding the line
1=standard to the gdm.conf file.

When gdm starts up, the first server vt7 loads and looks good, the
second vt8 loads and the the screen is garbled, like you might see if the
the modeline was incorrect.  I can ctl-alt-f7 and am able to log in
through vt7, but vt8 is unusable.

Should I have to add a second server section to xorg.conf or maybe a
second screen section, I am not sure how to solve this problem.

Any suggestions appreciated.

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org