Strange things in Yum

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sun Feb 12 19:22:40 UTC 2006

-------- Messaggio Originale --------

Jeff Vian ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 12/02/2006 19:00:
> On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 15:28 +0100, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
>
>> Jeff Vian ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 12/02/2006 15:19:

>>> Is it possible the machine with the problem is not getting DNS
>>> correctly?
>>>

>> No, Jeff: I could surf the net at same time so I assume that DNS were
>> correct. This machine is also the router of the office network that was
>> working great.
>>

> This is strange.  Maybe something got corrupted in the repo files.
> Check the contents of /etc/yum.repo.d files and confirm they are the
> same as on the machine that does work.
>
> Also, since this is the router, I would assume that you have iptables
> and possibly selinux running.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

Tomorrow morning I will check the contents of /etc/yum.repo.d files and
if corrupted I will copy from the working machine to the router (it
should be no problem): any other configuration file to check?
I assume that iptables is not the issue as other machines are working on
same network...selinux is disabled, the router is working from the old
RedHat 8.0 old times and went through updates.
But before any files switch I want to check if yum will work with no
modifications, maybe connected to some strange problem with server...

--
Antonio

Skype: antoniomontag
Mail by Thunderbird 1.5 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.5
Linux Fedora Core 4 on Home
Linux user number 362582
http://www.linuxsaronno.net
http://www.montagnani.org