Private Mirror/Repository

Thomas Widhalm widhalmt at unix.sbg.ac.at
Sun Feb 12 20:59:31 UTC 2006

>  	I don't use all the distributions supported by the script, so I
> don't always know the compatibility tricks such as "Centos 3.4 is fully
> compatible with RHEL 3", allowing yum-pull to pull down any rhel3
> repositories for centos 3.4 as well.  If anyone knows of compatible
> distributions like those, I can do the work to make yum-pull smarter.

Maybe you could consider http://taolinux.org/wiki/Main_Page when searching for
compatible Distros.
We use it as a replacement for RHAS on low priority servers and workstations.

Regards,
Thomas
* Thomas Widhalm                             Unix Administrator *
* University of Salzburg                     IT- Services (ITS) *
* Systems Management                               Unix Systems *
* Hellbrunnerstr. 34                     5020 Salzburg, Austria *
* widhalmt at unix.sbg.ac.at                     +43/662/8044-6774 *
* gpg: 6265BAE6                                                 *
* http://www.sbg.ac.at/zid/organisation/mitarbeiter/widhalm.htm *