Re: Strange things in Yum

Anthony Messina ha scritto / said the following il giorno/on 12/02/2006 21:33:
Jeff Vian wrote:
On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 06:57 +0100, Antonio Montagnani wrote:

Friday, on one my computer in the office network, I installed

rpmforge repo, and if :

yum update all

I get

Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmforge
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmforge

I disinstalled rpmforge but I got similar message for updates-released.

What happened and how to recover from this point (same with rpmforge installed or not)?

Is it possible the machine with the problem is not getting DNS
correctly?
Of ourse similar problem with Yumex

At same time no problem at all on another Fedora Pc...

Tnx

--
Antonio

what does your rpmforge.repo say?  can you quote it here please?

I can't check now, the computer is in my office.
But the problem was also if rpmforge was not installed (check my previous e-mails)

Tnx anyway

--
Antonio

Skype: antoniomontag
Mail by Thunderbird 1.5 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.5
Linux Fedora Core 4 on Home
Linux user number 362582
http://www.linuxsaronno.net
http://www.montagnani.org