Re: Desperate situation

On Monday 13 February 2006 17:29, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > <g>  Just how anomalous can you get?  This was two drives, same
> > manufacturer, same model number.  They did not work correctly when cabled
> > as the diagram on the drive label suggested, but did if I removed the
> > jumper on the master drive.  Crazy!
> >
> > Once upon a time I used to tell people that computers were logical.  I
> > don't risk my neck any longer <g>
>
> Computers *are* logical. It's the *designers* who need to be taken
> out and shot. Especially the ones who came up with CS. :-)

In fairness, computers are now so complex that it is almost inevitable that
some unforeseen circumstances will arise.  Not that this has any relevance to
the problem I've just had, but I don't feel that it is possible, today, for
any systems designers to be absolutely sure that nothing odd could happen.

Anne