Re: 32 bit kernel on x86_64

On 2/13/06, Tony Dietrich <td transoft-adsl demon co uk> wrote:
> I'd go with a dual boot system with no shared partitions if I were you ... or
> a completely separate machine.

Okay, well I can't use a separate machine because we are trying to
narrow down the cause of the problem, so I can only change one
parameter at a time.  So it looks like the dual boot route is the way
to go.  I currently have two 250gig drives which are mounted under
fstab using /dev/mapper or LVM2 I suspect.  What is the best way to go
about creating a *temporary* partition under LVM2?  I've only used
system-config-lvm once and that was just to see what it looked like.