Delivery time expiration

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 12 18:40:56 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 16:15 +0100, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
> Why sometimes do I receive this message from my ISP's mail server
> related to some e-mail to fedora-list and the e-mail is not
> delivered??
> It happens only with fedora-list

Specifically, I think you get it with the Fedora list because of one of
it's anti-spam techniques (grey listing):  Rejecting some mail, for the
moment, for it to be re-sent in a while.  Normal mail servers will do
that, spammers won't.

In general, it means that the mail couldn't be delivered at that time,
for one reason or another (e.g. the server was too busy, the in box was
full, etc.), and that it should be sent again, a while later.  After
some time of being unable to send a message, and probably after a
certain number of attempts, the mail server would declare it to be
undeliverable.  It appears that yours doesn't have enough patience.

I read messages from the public lists.