OT: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Feb 13 19:41:15 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 05:56 -0600, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> On 2/12/06, taharka <res00vl8 at alltel.net> wrote:
> >
> > Interesting take/points on the article for sure ;-) If you haven't
> > already, you may want to email the author your views. I believe her
> > email addy is at the very top of the article.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be an apologist for Microsoft,
> and I do believe their "Get the Facts" campaign is a drive to "obscure
> the facts" about Free software.  I just don't feel the issues
> encountered by the folks in the article are part of that effort. ;-)

So you really don't believe control of hardware manufacturers is part of
their plan?  Please get your head out of the sand and look at the real
world.  There is tons of evidence to show what is going on.

Look at the lawsuits that have already been prosecuted, and think of
what could be if a smaller company dared risk their future.

Advertising is only one facet of what is being done.